Friday, August 3, 2012

Tool 7 - Digital Projects

The idea of working with other classrooms on a project has always been appealing but I have always pictured it as being very difficult. Looking at some of the tools mentioned throughout this course it seems that it would be easier to start such a project but I know it would require a lot of prep work with another teacher.

I thinking using Google Docs and VoiceThread students could easily work together to create digital projects. At the beginning of the year I would like to do a "why study Spanish?" project and have the students learn about where Spanish is spoken and what they can get out of learning another language.

I could collaborate within my school with our other 8th grade Spanish teacher to do this or I could find a middle school teacher on another campus that is willing to do the project.

I think this would be a great way to get the collaboration off the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Also, what about using Skype. You could skype with a class in Mexico and let your students actually "see and talk" with students there. You are close to done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!